Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Avatar







As Ubisoft has released the Avatar Game I can show some of my work that I did for it. My involvement was in the idea and sketch stage. I was not involved with creating the final art or how it ended up (so don't hold it against me). I was very excited to be involved although only for a brief period and you get to see some of my sketches here above.

I was asked to do an action oriented pack and had not seen the movie or any images of the real characters. I had only seen some concept art and the AMP suit. This is why the Na'vi in my sketches is not a perfect match to the one in the film. When the movie came out I was very happy to see the battle scene between the Na'vi and the General in the AMP suit as that had been one of my ideas for the cover as you can see above. The last colored sketch was where I was asked to integrate the face from the poster. That idea was finally chosen. The last two images are the actual released covers (perhaps there are more versions that I am not aware of). I am going to refrain from giving my opinion to the end result and let you make up your own mind...

3 comments:

Ray Bonilla said...

CONGRADS sir Holm!!! glad somebody good is at least thinking up the ideas for video game covers !

LIJENHUANG said...

I am so proud of you!!!
I love avatar so much~
btw, I am still in school, so sad~

Unknown said...

A++